Monday, March 8, 2010
Quite a gal
Another great week on Lou. I am starting to see significant changes in her. She is standing to be saddled very nice now and stands calmly tied for as long as she needs to. This week was mostly riding out, and working with her on swinging my rope. After warming her up and making sure all my critical parts were working I side passed up to the side of the pen and grabbed my rope. She was ok with the rope being there but when I tried to pet her with it she shied pretty good. I simply dropped the rope and got of and started petting her with it from the ground, from there I tossed it out a few times, coiled it up, and swung it. In no time flat I was back on her petting her with the rope. I went through all these steps each time I worked her (although they were probably not necessary). She now stands and lets me swing the rope, and walks around calmly while I swing it. I wouldn't put her into team roping training yet, but that is one more feather in her cap. As long as I am rhythmic with the swing she is cool with it. (I try my best to be rhythmic in everything that I do with all of the horses.) Riding out is becoming a shere joy on her. She is getting very confident with herself, and she is figuring out opening and closing gates pretty good. The more confidence she gets there is less and less to report on because she just steps into whatever little job I imagine for her. I put one of my horses in the pen with her and she has quit pacing and is finally putting on some weight and I love that. Seeing good in shape horses gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at my barn. Thanks and God Bless, BW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment