Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gittin Broke

I haven't updated Lou's progress in a couple weeks. Not because anything was wrong or because I haven't been working her. Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. I have been spending a lot of time riding her out and down the road. She seems to enjoy this, she steps out nice and keeps her head down and relaxed. The only time there was an issue at all was when I rode her to one of the neighbors houses and some plastic was blowing around. She was hesitant to walk past it but eventually did without any kind of fight at all. On our trips to the rescue she stands tied well at the trailer and is a gem to ride. She doesn't hold her self up as well in the right lead, and tries fall into the circle. If I hold her, she doesn't fight it, so I anticipate her to eventually just start bending and keeping her shoulder and rib cage up. Although I have only stopped in the middle of the arena a couple of times, she has been anticipating that and asking every time we cross the middle if we can stop. I have been stopping her in other places in the arena and she still thinks that stopping in the center is the best idea, this doesn't worry me tho. I have been playing around with a bosal with her. She really likes it. She packs her head so good and comes off the very slightest thought while wearing it. I don't have one that is quite small enough to fit her properly so I don't want to work her hard in one. I don't want to have it bounce up and down on her nose. So long and short of it is that she is just cruising right along and ready to go to work. I have been meeting some folks with some cattle and I will start working cows a little. I am also going to start working the flag with her some. Thanks and God Bless, BW

No comments:

Post a Comment